Article by real estate agent Sandy Grimes
What a fantastic time of year! This state never ceases to amaze me. Like most people from New Hampshire, I spent a lot of time out and about this weekend. The autumn foliage is at its peak and the colors are brilliant. I always look forward to the artistic talents of God’s paintbrush in New Hampshire. It is great to be outside in the breezy air with the colorful leaves swaying and mixed in with the greenery of the pines.
The Manchester Union Leader reported some good news today on our economy and I thought it would nice to pass it on to you:
- Tourism increased substantially this year. We experienced a 3% increase in visitors in this summer and they spent 6% more than they did last year.
- Our toll roads saw a 2.4% increase over last year.
- Over 70,000 people attended Keene’s Annual Pumpkin Festival last weekend!
- Gas prices being lower this year allowed more people to visit this great state this year vs. last year.
- The Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce reports a 14% increase in visitors over 2009. And better news, Catherine Bedlor of the Cog Railway says they experienced a “record weekend” over the Columbus Day weekend.
The economy is coming back folks. People are spending money.
New Hampshire is full of picturesque scenery all year round. Where else can you go that you can be in the mountains or lakes in the morning, the ocean in the afternoon, and enjoying city nightlife in the evening? Buy real estate now while interest rates are low, prices are low, and God’s stimulus package is hard at work.
~ Sandy Grimes ~